The following is a list of publications by Wetland Training Institute partners and instructors. Please follow the links provided or visit our online store to purchase copies as appropriate.
Publications Available in our Store
Nationwide Permits Complete 2017 Edition by Robert J. Pierce, David Dearing, and Sam Collinson, is the 5th revision of NWPs Complete. Organized for quick and ready reference, the entire texts of the 2017 NWPs, General Conditions, and the Regulations at CFR 330 are presented in sequence and followed, in italics, by the pertinent and substantive parts of the 2017 and past preambles associated with each. Link: http://wetlandtraining.tictail.com/product/nationwide-permits-complete-2017
Pocket Guide to Hydric Soil Field Indicators – 2017 Almost every indicator has been altered in the National Technical Committee on Hydric Soils’ Version 8.0 of the Field Indicators of Hydric Soils in the United States: A guide for Identifying and Delineating Hydric Soils: new tables; new figures; new Indicators and new terms in the glossary. We’ve taken all of those and updated our Pocket Guide. We have also added updated versions of the indispensable Simplified Keys to Hydric Soil Indicators – now for all ten USACE Regional Supplements. Link: http://wetlandtraining.tictail.com/product/2017-pocket-guide-to-hydric-soil-field-indicators
Wetland Mitigation: Planning Hydrology, Vegetation, and Soils for Constructed Wetlands by Gary J. Pierce with contributing editors Mallory N. Gilbert and Robert J. Pierce. For those who work in wetlands, this book is the A to Z of construction and restoration. It focuses on the importance of water to wetland construction. Purchase of the book entitles the buyer to access a secure website that contains an Excel program to prepare annual hydrographs based on monthly data sets. An instruction guide accompanies the program. Link: http://wetlandtraining.tictail.com/product/wetland-mitigation-planning-hydrology-vegetation-and-soils-for-constructed-wetlands
Publications by Author
Paul Adamus, Ph.D.
- Hydrogeomorhic (HGM) Assessment Guidebook for Tital Wetlands of the Oregon Coast – Part 1. Rapid Assessment Method – Paul Adamus, Ph.D – 2006
- Comments on Clean Water Act Jurisdiction following the U.S. Supreme Court’s Decision in Rapanos v. United States and Carabell v. United States – David E. Dearing – 2007 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Comments-on-Clean-Water-Act-Jurisdiction-following-the-U.S.-Supreme-Court’s-Decision-in-Rapanos-v.-United-States-and-Carabell-v.-United-States-–-David-E.-Dearing-2007.pdf
- The Continued Highway Requirement as a factor in Clean Water Act Jurisdictions – David E. Dearing – 2007
Charles J. Newling, PWS, CWB
- Personal Recollections on the Origins of Federal Wetland Training – Charles J. Newling – 2006 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Personal-Recollections-on-the-Origins-of-Federal-Wetland-Training-–-Charles-J.-Newling-2006.pdf
Charles J. Newling, PWS, CWB and Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D.
- Preparing a Delineation Report – WTI / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Preparing-a-Delineation-Report.pdf
Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D.
- Statement before the Subcommittee on Fisheries, Water, and Wildlife Legislative Hearing on S. 1140, The Federal Water Quality Protection Act – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D. – 2015 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/rj-pierce-testimony-on-Fed-Water-Qual-Protect-Act-5_19_2015.pdf
- Report on Conditions on and Adjacent to the Appel Property – 111 Creek Road, Ojai, Ventura County, CA – Relative to Section 404 of the Clean Water Act – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D. – 2014 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Report-on-Conditions-on-and-Adjacent-to-the-Appel-Property-–-Robert-J.-Pierce-Ph.D.-PWS-CWD-2014.pdf
- Comments on Notice to Proposal to Reissue and Modify Nationwide Permits – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D., PWS, CWD – 2011 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Comments-on-Notice-to-Proposal-to-Reissue-and-Modify-Nationwide-Permits-–-Robert-J.-Pierce-Ph.D.-PWS-CWD-2011.pdf
- Prediction of Transmission Losses in Ephemeral Streams, Western U.S.A. – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D., PWS, CWD with Dr. Joseph Cataldo, PE, Christsopher
Behr, and Dr. Franco Montalto – 2010 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/transmission-loss-paper-2010.pdf
- Comments on EPA and Army Corps of Engineers Guidance Regarding Clean Water Act Jurisdiction after Rapanos – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D., PWS, CWD –
2008 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Comments-on-EPA-and-Army-Corps-of-Engineers-Guidance-Regarding-Clean-Water-Act-Jurisdiction-after-Rapanos-–-Robert-J.-Pierce-Ph.D.-PWS-CWD-2008.pdf
- Review of the Draft Regional Supplement to the Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual – Arid West Region (Supplement) – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D., PWS, CWD / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Review-of-the-Draft-Regional-Supplement-to-the-Corps-of-Engineers-Wetland-Delineation-Manual-Arid-West-Region-Supplement-–-Robert-J.-Pierce-Ph.D.-PWS-CWD.pdf
- Comments on the DRAFT Interim Regional Supplement to the Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual – Atlantic and Gulf Coastal Plain Region – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D., PWS, CWD – 2007 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/CommentsAGCPR.pdf
- Comments on EPA and Army Corps of Engineers Guidance Regarding Identification of Waters Protected by the Clean Water Act – Robert J. Pierce,
Ph.D., PWS, CWD / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Comments-on-EPA-and-Army-Corps-of-Engineers-Guidance-Regarding-Identification-of-Waters-Protected-by-the-Clean-Water-Act-–-Robert-J.-Pierce-Ph.D.-PWS-CWD.pdf
- Transmission Loss Assessment, Phase 1, Part 2 – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D., PWS, CWD with Dr. Joseph Cataldo, PE, Christsopher Behr, and Dr. Franco Montalto – 2005 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Transmission-Loss-Assessment-Phase-1-Part-2-–-Robert-J.-Pierce-Ph.D.-PWS-CWD-with-Dr.-Joseph-Cataldo-PE-Christsopher-Behr-and-Dr.-Franco-Montalto-2005.pdf
- Transmission Loss Assessment, Phase 1, Part 1 – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D., PWS, CWD with Dr. Joseph Cataldo, PE, Christsopher Behr, and Dr. Franco Montalto – 2004 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Transmission-Loss-Assessment-Phase-1-Part-1-–-Robert-J.-Pierce-Ph.D.-PWS-CWD-with-Dr.-Joseph-Cataldo-PE-Christsopher-Behr-and-Dr.-Franco-Montalto-2004.pdf
- 2004 ALI-ABA OHW Presentation – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D., PWS, CWD / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2004-ALI-ABA-OHW-Presentation-–-Robert-J.-Pierce-Ph.D.-PWS-CWD.pdf
- US Senate Subcommittee Statement – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D., PWS, CWD – 2003 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/US-Senate-Subcommittee-Statement-–-Robert-J.-Pierce-Ph.D.-PWS-CWD-2003.pdf
- Technical Principles Related to Establishing the Limits of Jurisdiction for Section 404 of the Clean Water – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D., PWS, CWD –2003 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Technical-Principles-Related-to-Establishing-the-Limits-of-Jurisdiction-for-Section-404-of-the-Clean-Water-–-Robert-J.-Pierce-Ph.D.-PWS-CWD-2003.pdf
- The Wetlands Permitting Process – Is It Working Fairly – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D., PWS, CWD – 2001 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/The-Wetlands-Permitting-Process-Is-It-Working-Fairly-–-Robert-J.-Pierce-Ph.D.-PWS-CWD-2001.pdf
- Comprehensive Wetland Delineation – Oah’u, Hawai’i – Robert J. Pierce, Ph.D. with Group 70 International – 2012
- Part 1: Comprehensive Wetland Delineation – Oah’u, Hawai’i – Report + App A-H / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Comprehensive-Wetland-Delineation-Oahu-Hawaii-Report-App-A-H.pdf
- Part 2: Comprehensive Wetland Delineation – Oah’u, Hawai’i – Appendix C, part 2 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Appendix-C.pdf
Gary Pierce, Ph.D.
- Wetland Mitigation: Planning Hydrology, Vegetation, and Soils for Constructed Wetlands – 2015 (excerpts) / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Wetland-Mitigation-excerpts-2015.pdf
- Meterorological Data to Evaluate Wetland Hydrology – by Sprecher and Wwarne, for use with the Internet References for Wetland Mitigation CD compiled by Gary Pierce – 2000 / Link: https://wetlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Meteorological_Data_To_Evaluate_Wetland_Hydrology.pdf
Joe R. Thomasson, Ph.D.
- Identifying and Keying Grasses, Sedges and Rushes / Link:
- Dr. Joe Thomasson Provides Professionals with Skills to Identify More Plants/ Link: